Fordorsia Semi-Automatic Model of 1924
Action: Gas-operated, tilting breechblock
Rate of Fire: Semi automatic
Effective Range: 1000m
Maximum Range: 3000m
Feed System: 10-round double-stacked removable box magazine
Designed in 1924 and introduced to the Fordorsian armed forces in 1927, the SA-24 was a semi automatic battle rifle chambered for the same cartridge that was used to great extent in the Deep War a decade earlier. The increasing use of semi automatic rifles by armies around the world had forced Fordorsia to look for a potential new service rifle and cartridge throughout the 1920's, and the SA-24 was among the last rifles to be evaluated.
Competing mainly with the BR-27, the SA-24 showed good promise as it fared much better in the field tests than it's competition. Though slightly heavier, it completely out-performed the BR-27 when it came to range and accuracy, thanks to it's superior sights and larger cartridge. Despite scoring well overall, the SA-24, along with every other rifle and cartridge, did not performed well enough to replace the Mk.1 Service Rifle or 8x60mm cartridge, but the fifty SA-24's sent to soldiers for field testing continued to be used with the large leftover stockpiles of 9.5x75mm cartridges for well into the 1950's, with some F.R.G units still using them in to the 1980's.