Fordorsia M42 Medium
90mm AT Gun
Hull-mounted 8mm machine gun
Pintle-mounted 15mm HMG
Crew: 5 (Commander, Driver, Radio Operator, Gunner, Loader)
Developed in 1942 and first fielded in 1943 to reinforce the large numbers of newly upgraded M43-90 medium tanks, the M42 was relatively more expensive and more armoured, meant as a go-between for medium and heavy tanks. The M42, like all Fordorsian medium tanks, was armed with the powerful M09 90mm anti-tank gun. This, along with it's powerful engine, allowed the M42 to have a great balance of speed, protection, and firepower, even more than the M40-90.
In all, 2,000 M42 Medium tanks were manufactured and put into service until the end of the war. Several remain in existence, with two being held in the Fordorsian National Museum.
In 1945, it was requested that a casemate tank destroyer model of the M42 be made and put into service. The result was a vehicle that was arguably the most loved by Fordorsian tank crews of the whole war. The M42B featured 150mm thick armour and the same 90mm anti-tank gun as the M42. Along with having a low profile for it's firepower and armour, the M42B excelled in all situations it was used in, including ambushing, infantry support, and long range sniping. 1,200 M42B's were used throughout the war and retired in 1970. For the duration of it's service, the M42B was responsible for the destruction of an estimated 3,000 vehicles, making it arguably the most successful vehicle of the war. One example is held at the Fordorsian National Museum alongside it's two M42 counterparts.