Fordorsia M1920 Light Support Rifle
Action: Gas-operated, tilting breechblock
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic
Effective Range: 1500m
Maximum Range: 3000m
Feed System: 20-round double-stacked removable box magazine
Adopted for trials in 1920 as support weapon, the M1920 is a semi-automatic large-caliber rifle designed to be used in a support role. Before the rifle was even taken into testing, it was not viewed well. Using the 9.5x75mm cartridge meant that the user could not share ammunition with his squad mates, who were using the 8x60mm cartridge in their bolt action rifles. The cartridge also produced a large amount of recoil and was seen as a waste of valuable weight and space.
Despite positive testing overall, the rifle was not seen to be useful as a support weapon and was dropped from testing, but a number of the rifles did find their way onto small naval patrol vessels and saw use until the end of WWII.
The most success the rifle found was with the Fordorsian Rural Guard, who were impressed with the rifle's great accuracy and range, two vital requirements for use in rural Fordorsia. Five hundred rifles were purchased by the F.R.G in 1924 and continue to see use by some units even today.